|Play with Me Sesame|
|Genre:||Children's television series|
|Opening theme:||"Play with Me Sesame"|
|Ending theme:||"Play with Me Sesame (instrumental)"|
|Location(s):||Kaufman Astoria Studios|
|Production company(s):||Sesame Workshop|
|Original run:||April 1, 2002 – December 30, 2007|
Play with Me Sesame was a children's television series, spun off from Sesame Street. It featured Sesame Street characters, such as Bert, Ernie, Grover, and Prairie Dawn. From April 1, 2002 until December 30, 2007, the show was aired on Noggin (now Nick Jr.) and fellow program Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!. The series was produced by Sesame Workshop and Nick Digital.
Play with Me Sesame features many different segments, such as:
- Ernie Says: A game similar to "Simon Says," except the title is different. Ernie almost always manages to annoy Bert in this segment. For example, one time he asked Bert to help him hold an enormous piece of cheese, which he said was an "important part of the game." To Bert's anger, he says that "you can stop playing Ernie Says." He later points out that he just wants to have a snack, as he gets hungry after playing Ernie Says. Another example is Ernie pretending to fall asleep and wake up. Bert thinks he is sleeping, but he wakes up. Unlike Simon Says, where one can't do something Simon doesn't say to do, every phrase in Ernie Says begins with "Ernie says...".
- Prairie Dawn's Art Class: A segment where Prairie Dawn showcases drawings made by kids.
- Prairie Dawn's Music Class: Beginning in Season 3, Prairie Dawn would trade her art segment for one oriented around music.
- Kit and Domby's Art Class: A segment aired on Play with Me Sesame UK, where Kit and Domby showcase art that has been sent in.
- Sesame Computer: The gang play games on the computer from their website at Noggin.com, such as "Oatmeal Art," "Pigeon Patterns," "Perfect Pair and "Ducks in a Row".
- Move and Groove with Grover: The child dances along to a video. Grover often interrupts to point out some things and to tell the child more. Other times, he sings basic songs such as "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" or "A Very Simple Dance".
- End Segment: A short and final game of Ernie Says is played. The first statement is usually "Ernie says, say goodbye..." The special circumstance in which the characters say goodbye ties into the theme. For example, Ernie says to say goodbye while wiping windshield wipers in the car-themed episode.
Classic muppet segments were also put into the show as well.
- Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn and Zoe (Season 2)
- Steve Whitmire as Ernie (Seasons 1/3)
- John Tartaglia as Ernie (Season 2)
- Eric Jacobson as Bert and Grover
- David Rudman as Cookie Monster, Ernestine and Chicago the Lion (Season 2)
- Richard Coombs as Domby (United Kingdom)
- Andy Heath as Kit (United Kingdom)
The episodes were released onto DVD in Fall 2007 by Genius Entertainment.
Play with Me Sesame UKEdit
In the United Kingdom, Play with Me Sesame aired on Playhouse Disney UK. It showcased old and new Muppet (and sometimes film) clips from Sesame Street, with new linked segments, that featured Bert, Ernie, Grover, and Prairie Dawn. The show also included cameos by Zoe, Cookie Monster, and Ernie's niece Ernestine. The show also featured two British Muppets, Kit and Domby, who live in a castle on top of a hill. They spent most of their time in the castle kitchen, bedroom and living room, which were very similar to Bert and Ernie sketches. Kit had an English accent, whilst Domby had a Scottish accent. They sometimes visited schools and playgroups, to sing or talk with the children.
In Denmark, the show was included as its own segment on Sesamgade.
|United States|| Noggin|
|Southeast Asia|| Diva|
|United Kingdom||Disney Junior|
|Denmark||TV 2 (as part of Sesamgade)|
|Afghanistan|| Tolo (as part of Baghch-e-Simsim)|
Lemar (as part of Baghch-e-Simsim)
|India|| Cartoon Network|
|Italy|| Rai Sat Ragazzi|
- REDIRECT Template:Nigga Jr.