|The Gallant Old Engine and Other Thomas stories/Henry and the Elephant|
Original 1996 US VHS cover
|Directed by:||David Mitton|
|Produced by:||Britt Allcroft|
|Music by:|| Mike O'Donnell|
|Distributor:|| Anchor Bay Entertainment|
HGV Video Productions
|Release Date(s):|| 6 August 1996|
24 July 2001
22 July 2008
|Running time:||35 mins|
|Preceded by:|| Thomas and His Friends Help Out (VHS)|
Mud Glorious Mud (DVD)
|Followed by:|| Sing-Along and Stories (VHS)|
Rusty to the Rescue (DVD)
The Gallant Old Engine and Other Thomas Stories, formerly named Henry and the Elephant, is a US and Canadian VHS/DVD release featuring six episodes from the fourth season which are narrated by George Carlin and one song. It was distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment in 1996, reissued in 2001, and released on DVD in 2008.
PEEP! PEEP! All aboard for the Island of Sodor and new stories from Thomas and his friends. Watch as Stuart and Falcon help out when Duke isn't feeling well. See how Henry frees an elephant that's stuck in his tunnel and cheer on Rheneas as he carries his passengers home safely during a big storm.
So join Thomas, Percy and all of your crew – they have loads of adventures waiting for you.
PEEP! PEEP! Everyone's favorite #1 engine is back with more exciting stories from the Island of Sodor. Meet Bulstrode the Barge and find out how, even with his bad temper, he turned out to be really useful. Join in on the trick Stuart plays on Duke, and see how an elephant leaves Henry all washed up. So make sure your ticket is stamped and don't miss the train for another fun-filled adventure with Thomas and Friends.
Everyone's favorite #1 engine is back with more exciting stories from the Island of Sodor. Join in on the trick Stuart plays on Duke and see how an elephant leaves Henry all washed up. Make sure your ticket is stamped and don't miss the train for another fun-filled adventure with Thomas and Friends.
- Henry and the Elephant
- You Can't Win
- Special Attraction
- Passengers and Polish
- Gallant Old Engine
- Railway Word Find Activity Sheet
- Sir Topham Hatt's Scrapbook [Version 2] (from New Friends for Thomas)
- On the cover of the 2001 release, a mirrored image from Steam Roller is used.
- In the description, it says "...Join in on the trick Stuart plays on Duke..." but in the episode they are referencing, Duke is the one that played the trick.
- The 2001 cover also has Gordon without his middle lamp iron.
- Despite the name being changed, the title card on the DVD retains the old title.
- On the cover of the Henry and the Elephant release, one of Henry's lamp irons is missing.